Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trifecta AKA Embassy-Triple-Threat

Yesterday marked 3 years since The Lord put it on both of our hearts that it was time to consider adoption.

It's been 2 years & 3 months 
since we began our paper chase.

1 year & 8 months since DTE - 
our dossier was sent to Ethiopia.
See that?  Paper-Pregnant!
Dossier ready to go!
We waited 15 months for a referral - 
that has been 5 months ago now.
Our very first picture of Kindu

13 weeks ago we traveled to meet Kindu 
and passed court.

9 weeks ago our agency, America World, attempted to submit us to embassy.

7 of those weeks were spent attempting to gather Embassy-requested documentation.

Now 1 week ago, we were Finally! 
submitted to embassy.

5 days since initial screening has been done and we have been awaiting news of whether Embassy wants additional documentation, corrections of current documents, birth family interviews, or that they would simply clear us.

Not only did we NOT clear,
but we got the Embassy-Triple-Threat!
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?!?
My sentiments exactly, bud!
1. We're back to square one with the birth father documentation. They want proof of a search or police document of his reported disappearance. Nobody reported him missing.  We need a plan B.
**UPDATE: I have written to 2 reps to congress and both Ohio senators.  I plan on being a squeaky wheel... Please pray this is effective.

2. The documents they DO have, show some inconsistencies, so they want those fixed. Ok.

3. They want a phone interview with the birth mother AND a meeting to interview his older biological sister. That will take time to set up.


Would you pray with us that this all goes quickly? We kinda had our hopes up that we would clear and be leaving early next week. Our hopes are not completely dashed but we are admittedly disappointed.

Perhaps this is a grace from The Lord, allowing time to raise the necessary funds for travel.  We have been praying for The Lord's provision to take the 3 Homegrown Rogi with us to Ethiopia, and the funds aren't quite there.  In fact, we really only have enough for just one of us to go. Khris and I both feel that neither of us want the other to travel alone.

So, if you feel led, would you please consider sending a donation for our adoption travel fund? You can use the donate button at the top of the right hand column using Paypal to donate directly. If you'd prefer, we are happy to take a cash/check donation. Email me to get a mailing address and or additional details. Talesoftherogi (at) gmail (dot) com

Let's pray this sweet boy home!

Thursday, November 7, 2013


This week's Rogers Family Update:

12 weeks since we passed court.

8 weeks since America World attempted to submit us to US Embassy.

7 weeks for additional documentation to come through.

We were Finally! submitted to embassy on Monday.  We are praising the LORD for this overcome obstacle.  Now we're praying for quick screening and clearance so that we can bring Kindu HOME!

We received an email today that the initial screening is complete.  We should hear by the end of next week whether US Embassy will request additional documentation, a birth family or "finder" interview, or clear us for travel.  This is a very exciting time!

We are also in the final crunch-time for raising the rest of our funds.  Depending on what Embassy says next week, we could be traveling as soon as two weeks from now - or sooner!

We prayed and asked the LORD for provision for getting our three bio-kids' passports.

God said, "Yes."

We prayed for His provision for the cost of travel vaccinations for them.

Again, God said, "Yes," and they are ready to go!

Lastly we are asking for His provision for the travel expenses so that we can travel together as a family to go to Ethiopia and welcome Kindu into our family... 

to make our family whole on the spot!

Our costs have been miraculously covered to this point and we believe that GOD WILL provide if it's HIS WILL for the first three Little Rogi to be there for Gotcha Day!

We have applied for a few adoption grants - maybe those will be part of that provision.

At this point, we are DONE with the FUNdraisers, so now we are just straight-up asking:

Will YOU partner with us ONE MORE TIME to UNITE the ROGI? To bring Kindu home forever?

We are estimating our need to be around $11,000 for all of us to go.  To you and I, that sounds massive, but if it is God's will - we know that
it will be accomplished.  

Please, don't look at that number and say,

"my gift is too small."  

Every dollar is significant, and every donation is noted by our King of kings.

Thank you for all you have done thus far, and thank you for helping us complete this journey.

Donations can be made to our Adoption Fund through the paypal link at the top of the right hand column.   We can accept checks or cash too if you're not too keen on the whole paypal thing.
Email talesoftherogi (at) gmail (dot) com for a mailing address.

"God sets the lonely in families..." Psalm 68:6