Khris was given the opportunity to share a little bit about Orphan Sunday during announcements, and gave an invitation to the congregation to meet with us after service to hear our testimony and learn more about how we, as the Body of Christ, can become more involved in caring for the orphan in our midst and around the world.
Below are some of the resources we mentioned. If you have any questions, please ask us, we are an open book.
- God's Word commands that we care for the orphan, the widow, and the poor among us. There is a compiled list of the scriptures here: God's Heart For Adoption
- Beyond Orphan Sunday resources: Adoption, Foster Care, Global Initiatives, and more!
- International Voice of the Orphan (IVO): Pray, +Feed, Go!
- Orphan Wares (part of IVO): Shop with purpose
- Christian Alliance for Orphans: Orphan care ministry help and other resources
- Orphan Summit 9: May 2-3, 2013, Nashville, TN
- Big Brothers Big Sisters: Start Something for a Child Today - local mentoring program
- Give1Save1: "...do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share," 1 Timothy 6:18
- Compassion International: Child Sponsorship
- Potter's Field Ministries: Child sponsorship, missionary training
- Lifesong for Orphans: Orphan care ministries, Both Hands (orphan and widow care)
- Then of course, if you would like to be a part of our adoption journey, we are currently working on our funding so that we can accept our referral when it comes. Click Here for details: AdoptTogether.org/talesoftherogi
Big thanks to all who joined us and are interested in learning more.
"learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause."