Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Glimpses

A few months ago (beginning of our paper chase) I was spending my devotional time in the Psalms. The day I read 139 my heart became heavy. I felt like the Spirit was giving me a little glimpse into the big picture of our adoption. I had the notion that that day may be our child's conception day. I began to pray for his tummy mom asking the Lord to protect her in her circumstances. 


photo credit Ben Heine on flickr
After all, there is something not right in her life that her child becomes ours. Is our child's conception the result of abuse or rape? Is she merely a youth working the street? Is she unmarried? Homeless? Does she already have children she's struggling to support? 


photo credit willvero2 on flickr
What about the father? Is he sick? Jobless? A stranger? All these things made my heart heavy as I read through my favorite psalm. 


Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
In your book were written, every on of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

He did bring me comfort through His words as well.  The Lord knows.  He is working all this together for His glory and for the good of our child, his tummy mom, the rest of his birth family, and for this family - his adoptive family.  His forever family.

No comments:

Post a Comment