Monday, January 17, 2011

A Thankful Beginning

Well, I'm not usually one to blog, but the Rogers household can be mildly interesting, so I decided to start :)

I am thankful that my hubby and I are of the same mind and heart on so many things.  The Holy Spirit has truly knit us together into a single spirit in our marriage.

Last night we were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition as a family.  As we watched, I thought, "Thank you Lord, that we are not in need of these people's services.  You, God, provide our needs and we truly want for nothing.  We have a warm house, food in the pantry, gas in the 2 vehicles, warm beds to sleep, a loving family and 2 dogs to love on.  What more could we need?"

After the program and the kids were ready for bed, we gathered for our nightly family prayer time.  Khris prayed the same prayer over our family that I was praying earlier during the TV program.  I thought this was pretty cool.

Our God is so good in bringing us together and giving us the same mind and heart regarding our family and our lives in Christ.  I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment